Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Whole, Halved, and Rebuilt

i was more than you ever told me,
more than the rains feeding grass in the spring.
more than the wind howling hard on the plane
and more than the many colored leaves that it brings

i knew this, and walked on my own, feeling strong
but the walking, 
it lasted too long.

i am, now, a slight sliver of the full moon i knew
and the ebbing that took me was started by you
only once was it needed, many times did it come
a blindness that paled me, from splendor to none

i knew this, and waited for wronged to be right
but the waiting,
it colored me white

i will be, if the light shines, eclipsed by the sun
cancelled and nullified, reduced down to one
but if my luck finds me, as filtered as this
i'd begin to rebuild it, the heart that was his

i know this, so dreaming will hold me in place
but the dreaming
still shows me his face




No comments:

Post a Comment